With medical awareness on the rise, and health consciousness taking a priority for an increasing number of people, the demand for medical equipment for home has been increasing. A stressful life, changing eating habits, lack of exercise, and lure for comfortable living has unfortunately added to the number of people suffering from hyper-tension, diabetes and other lifestyle related diseases.
With easy to monitor medical equipment available in the market in plenty, it is actually essential to have these medical equipment in your homes to monitor your health timely. However, it is not necessary that you have these diseases to possess the equipment at home. It is always better to buy them as a preventive measure to help you monitor the essential parameters of your health.
Medical Equipment that can be used in the House
A glucometer to check your glucose levels will help you monitor your sugar level and will make your doctor’s job easier to prescribe the medication to you and change the prescription as per the need. If you are on insulin, it becomes a necessity to have the glucometer in your house to keep a record of your sugar level.
A blood pressure measuring machine or a sphygmomanometer as referred in the medical terms is a machine to measure the pressure of the flow of your blood. From the beginning of the flow to the end of it determines and records your blood pressure reading. In the earlier days another person was needed to measure the blood pressure with a cuff and stethoscope. Now a days, the machine is digital and measures both your systolic and diastolic blood pressure with accuracy without the need for another person.
Nebulizers: There is a dramatic rise in the number of people suffering from respiratory problems probably due to the rise of pollution in the air. A nebulizer can be a lifesaving instrument for people suffering from asthma, and COPD. The nebulizer transforms the medication into air that the patient can inhale and can be timely overcome by the respiratory congestion.
Wheel Chairs: Wheel Chairs are necessary in houses with people who are unable to move without support. This may be due to old age, accident, disability, knee pain, or any other form of restriction that makes a patient unable to move on his or her own support. In such cases a wheel chair comes very handy to keep the patient mobile.
Crutches, walkers, lift chairs, knee chairs, shower chairs, geriatric hip chairs, knee chairs etc, all these equipment help the patient become mobile in the house and helps also the caretakers to become comfortable while looking after their near ones.
Intravenous supplies and defibrillators are equipment that can be used at home but with professional help to assist you.
Tips to keep in Mind while Purchasing Medical Equipment to be used at Home
- While purchasing the equipment the individual should check for the various brands available and compare their quality, features, and prices.
- The buyer should read the instructions given with the instrument and ask the dealer to give a demonstration of how to use it.
- The buyer should not be lured by the cheap Chinese equipment available in the market because they may not give you the correct readings and are less durable. It can be a sheer waste of money.
- The after sales service and testimonials of the previous users will help you decide the right brand.
- Since, we are talking about health the right quality and an honest brand is very important.
- We recommend GPC Medical Limited for buying your medical home equipment because it is a trusted name for years and gives you the best quality with the appropriate price.
- GPC Medical Limited gives its clients the best after sales service and demonstration to its clients. Their staff is very supportive and will guide you through all your queries with a smile.
We also recommend you to have these equipment at home because health is your most precious wealth and monitoring on time may save you from some major health problems. Like they say “Prevention is better than cure”