Instruments that are used to diagnose a person’s health parameters in order to understand the basic problem that a person is suffering from are called diagnostic instruments. For any clinic or hospital having the most competitive diagnostic instrument boosts the patient’s confidence in the hospital or the diagnostic laboratory. The accuracy given by the diagnostic instruments helps in the early diagnosis of the illness and can be very instrumental in getting the treatment started as soon as possible.
Diagnostic instruments are varied in variety and with latest technical innovations they are constantly being upgraded. From the very basic thermometer to check your fever to the very sophisticated Cat scanning machines all fall into the diagnostic instruments.
Types of Diagnostic Instruments
- The medical imaging machines that help in taking the picture of the body organ and giving a clear image of the picture of the affected body organ are called CT Scan Machines, Ultra Sound Machines, and MRI Machines
- There are medical monitors that measure a patient’s vital signs like the blood pressure, ECG, EEG, and dissolved gases in the blood.
- There are medical analysis equipment that helps analyse the blood, urine, and genes.
- Diagnostic medical equipment can also be used in the house to keep a record of your sugar level and blood pressure.
These are primarily the basic types of diagnostic machines but with technical innovations happening regularly in the medical field more sophisticated machines are always being introduced in the market.
Basic Diagnostic Equipment
Some of these basic diagnostic equipment are a must for every nursing home or hospital;
- Stethoscopes and spare Parts : A doctor’s picture is not complete without the stethoscope round his neck. The stethoscope is a listening device or an acoustic instrument used for listening to the sound of the heart and the lungs. It helps the doctor get an idea about your general pulse rate, breathing and health prognosis.
- Sphygmomanometers and Spares : A sphygmometer is a manual blood pressure measuring machine that helps to determine the flow of the pressure of the blood of an individual. It consists of a cuff that is used to stop the flow of the blood and a mercury device that helps in determining the beginning of the blood pressure and the end of it. The blood pressure maintenance is an important parameter that controls your health in a large way.
- ECG Machine : The electrocardiography is an electric heart rate measuring device that is used to measure any abnormalities in the functioning of the heart. The electrodes are attached to the skin of the patient as the recording of the heat beat is displayed on a monitor outside the body. It is used for measuring the heart’s electric conduction system. The electrical impulses generated by the polarization and depolarization of the cardiac tissue are shown on a screen in the waveform. The waveform is then analysed to measure the rate and regularity of the heartbeats.
- Digital Blood Pressure Monitor : A digital blood pressure monitor helps in recording the blood pressure of the individual without the conventional system of needing assistance to measure the blood pressure. It is a small device which can be carried in your bag and without anybody’s help you can use it to check your blood pressure.
- Clinical Thermometers & Magnifiers – Loupes and Optics : A clinical thermometer helps in giving accuracy in the temperature recorded of the patient. It is necessary to have a thermometer as part of any clinic or hospitals kit. The loupes and optics are magnifiers that help in closely examining any organ of the body.
The list of diagnostic equipment can be unending from a simple measuring tape to a MRI Scanner, it is vast in its variety. However, it is very important for any laboratory or a hospital to go for the right diagnostic equipment.
GPC Medical Limited Offering the Best Range of Diagnostic Equipment
GPC Medical Limited offers you the best range in the diagnostic equipment. Apart from being quality conscious for our products we are very proficient in demonstrating the use of the machines and our after sales service is excellent. We at GPC Medical do not just make tall claims in giving you the best service but our well trained staff actually takes care of all its customer’s needs. Our products give accuracy in their results and from the basic stethoscope to the most sophisticated diagnostic equipment we leave no room for compromise.